FRESH CATCH FISH STICKS
A fresh take on a childhood classic. Golden, flaky, and served with the simplest 2-ingredient tartar sauce.
- Cod, 1lb sustainably-caught
- Flour, 1 cup
- Panko, 3 cups
- Organic eggs, 3 lightly beaten
- Salt and Pepper
- Canola oil, 4 cups
- Mayonnaise, ½ cup
- Dill Pickles, ¼ cup fine dice with brine
- Coors Organic
- Cut cod into 6 sticks.
- Season with salt and pepper and let come to room temperature.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat to 350F.
- Place flour, egg and panko in shallow dishes.
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Working one stick at a time, dredge fish in flour to coat all sides and dab to dust off excess.
- Dip fish in egg to completely cover and dab to remove excess.
- Toss in panko to coat.
- Add breaded fish sticks to hot oil and fry until golden.
- Open Coors Organic and lift to mouth.
- Make tartar sauce. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, diced pickles, a dash of brine and a squeeze of lemon.
- Remove fish sticks from oil and place on a wire rack or paper towel to drain.
- Season with salt and a squeeze of lemon. Serve with tartar sauce.